- Eliminating algae build-up from indoor/outdoor carpet
We have indoor/outdoor carpet surrounding our in-ground pool and it seems that we have black algae developing. How do we remove the algae and how do we prevent it from coming back?
1. Pick a damp day (raining lightly). This process requires the carpet to be wet and out of the direct sun.
2. Mix up my Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula (heavy duty mix) and sprinkle on the carpet approximately 100 square feet at a time using a garden watering can.
3. After 5-10 minutes scrub with a patio broom, wait five minutes and hose down with garden hose.
4. Finally vacuum up the water using a Wet Dry Vac adding more water at the same time in order to rinse out all the Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula.
It's just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|December 8th, 2019|