- Important Questions to Ask When Buying a Furnace
Apples or Oranges? It is important to compare!
1. What type of furnace do I need?
2. What size (how many BTU's) should the new furnace be based on a heat loss calculation of my home?
3. What efficiency should I have?
4. Is the existing duct (supply and return) adequate?
5. Should I have more supply air? What about a basement return air?
6. Does my venting have to be changed for the new furnace?
7. Is the hot water tank venting proper size and gauge?
8. Are there advantages to a continuous low speed fan?
9. Will my old thermostat work with a new furnace?
10. How often should I change or clean the furnace filter?
11. What can I do as a homeowner to keep my furnace running at the highest efficiency possible?
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|January 29th, 2020|