- Caulking around the tub
We've recently renovated our bathroom. Our problem is the caulking around the tub separates from the tile and tub. We have caulked with the tub full of water and left it to dry but it continues to separate. Is there a caulking of any kind that would “give” more with the tub?
1. Clean off all old residual of bathtub caulking.
2. Using silicone caulking remover, clean and rinse and allow to dry.
3. Wipe area clean with Methyl Hydrates
4. Fill tub to over flow
5. Apply best silicone bathtub caulking
6. Leave water in tub overnight
7. Sounds like you are using a bathtub caulk that is not siliconized.
It's just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|February 22nd, 2020|