- Putting pocket doors back on track
We have a pocket door in our master ensuite. It has come off the track at the "back end" (the side that goes the furthest into the pocket) of the door. What would you suggest to get it "back on track"?
1. Remove the casing from around door close to the pocket opening. The easiest way to do this is to locate the nails and set nails through the wood removing the moulding.
2. Remove the jamb pieces on either side of pocket opening using the method.
3. Pull the door out of the pocket. The door will swing freely in the opening allowing you to rehang the door and adjust the trolleys.
4. Replace jamb and trim pieces.
Itís just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|December 9th, 2018|