- Exterior door installation
Installing a new exterior door will require you to make a number of decisions.
1. Solid core plywood faced door? Will require a lot of maintenance staining, sealing,painting.
2. Solid wood door ie: Western Red Cedar? Will require sanding, staining, natural finish - subject to temperature change inside and out. Panels may crack requiring repairs and refinishing on an annual basis.
3. Steel insulated door primed ready for paint? Most people assume steel insulated doors are a finished product (usually white in colour) "WRONG". They must be painted within the first 6 to 8 months of installation using an exterior acrylic latex or exterior urethane paint. Door must be washed with Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula or T.S.P using a pot scrubber pad and rinsed well before painting.
4. Good, Better, Best One of the best doors available now is the new Protec Door manufactured by Guenther Doors. Their new laminated inner frame adds structural strength giving greater security and comfort.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|January 27th, 2021|