- Interior painting tip
Our bathroom walls and windows have been a problem ever since we moved into our house. We have staining around the windows, dark marks over the shower area and the paint is peeling off the window sills (wood). How can I correct this problem?
Before I get into the painting problems lets address the cause of the problem.
1. If there is no bathroom exhaust fan consider having one installed.
2. Bathroom exhaust fans must run for a minimum of 1 hour after a shower or bath.
3. Bathtubs and ceramic tile around tub area should be wiped down immediately after usage of the shower.
1. Wash all walls with my Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula (medium strength). Rinse well.
2. On any areas that the paint has peeled off, lightly sand with 220 grit paper. Prime with all purpose fast dry alkyd primer.
3. Caulk around casing on window and under sill.
4. Apply two coats of Kitchen & Bath paint to walls, window frames and casings.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|March 21st, 2019|