- Painting the kitchen cupboards
I am planning on painting my kitchen cupboards. They are in great shape but I want to change the color (white). Please let me know the proper steps to take - preparation, base coat, painting, type of brush, etc. I have done a lot of painting, but never cupboards.
1. Wash cabinets with my Shell Busey’s Home Cleaning Formula (heavy duty mix) using a Scotch Brite scrub pad.
2. Rinse well with clean water and allow to dry.
3. Prime cabinets with fast dry alkyd primer use a pure bristle brush.
4. Apply 2 coats of Melamine paint white (any brand) using a pure bristle brush and Whizz knap roller. Coats should be 18 hours apart.
It’s just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|September 25th, 2018|