- Repairing cracks in a molded sink
I have a moulded bathroom countertop with a metal drain. I have been told that the cracks that have showed up in the moulded sink are a result of the heat in the sink that causes the metal from the drain to expand. I was also told that you gave a simple solution to fix the cracks in the sink, but unfortunately, my friend forgot what the simple secret was! Can you help me out?
1. To clean the cracked area plug the basin and pour in 1cup of bleach and 1cup of water leave overnight.
2. Scrub with an old toothbrush after 8 hours and rinse well.
3. Allow to dry and polish with Gel Gloss available at most plumbing stores or building supply stores.
4. If not satisfactory you may have to consider replacing the bowl by cutting out and installing a conventional basin.
Itís just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|June 20th, 2018|