- Preparing cedar siding for paint
We have a 30-year-old home in North Delta. The exterior is cedar siding, which has been painted several times. We painted our home 3 years ago and it is starting to flake and peel. What can we do? It was a big job and if we need to re-paint the whole house again we want to be sure we are preparing the cedar properly. The last time we washed it down with your formula and scraped off some areas.
1. 30 years qualifies for a full strip.
2. Use a heat gun to remove all old paint (after 30 years you could have up to 5-6 coats of paint)
3. Wash with Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula and Rinse Well.
4. Apply 1 st coat Alkyd All Purpose Exterior Primer.
5. For finish coats (2 coats) use Acrylic Latex.
It's just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|October 23rd, 2021|