- Re-sealing your tub and tub surround
Last year we renovated a bathroom with a new tub and tub surround. The caulking around the tub which seals the tub and surround continues to become unsealed. We have replaced the caulking several times and it seals for a while but then comes unstuck. I am concerned there will be seepage and then water problems. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem or if there is a different product we could use instead of the caulking?
8. Clean the entire area using my Shell Busey’s Home Cleaning Formula and a Vancouver Tool Company caulking remover called Caulk Away. It is available at building supply stores.
9. Remove the residual silicone with Dap / Corning Silicone Remover, rinse and dry.
10. Fill tub to the overflow with water. Apply new silicone seal.
11. Leave water in the tub until morning at least 8 hours before draining. This allows the tub to be preloaded before the caulking is applied.
It’s just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|September 25th, 2018|