- Sealing your garage floor
We had a garage built at the lake last November. I want to seal the floor before I bring the car in and build any floor-mounted benches or cupboards. Would you please outline the preparation required, plus your suggestions as to the one or two best migrating sealers to use? If etching is required, do the bottom plates and studs need to be protected from the acid or is water rinsing afterwards good enough?
1. Etch concrete with muriatic acid 2/3 water to 1/3 acid. Caution: Always mix acid with water and wear protective foot, hand and eyewear.
2. Dampen floor with hose and apply acid mixture from plastic watering can. After
5–10 minutes scrub with stiff broom.
3. Rinse well and allow to dry.
4. Use solvent based concrete sealer and apply with low pressure garden sprayer.
It’s just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|March 24th, 2018|