- Recover that Sundeck


I have a plywood sundeck and I was wondering what I could use to recover it. The previous owner used what looks like a type of deck paint that is kind of rough to the touch. Anyway it is starting to come up on the seams and I need to redo it and I am unsure of a good product, and if I should try to strip the whole deck or just the problem areas.

Thanks, James Dear James,

If you are a do-it-yourselfer:

1. Remove all loose material and repair any plywood rot.

2. Clean deck with Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula and rinse well.

3. Apply WeldBond Adhesive as a primer over any raw plywood areas.

4. Fill to a level finish-using floor leveling cement.

5. Apply Ducan Deckmaster Vinyl available at most major building centres.

If you are not a do-it-yourselfer and want a professional job, you might want to consider giving the folks at Duradek a call at (604)-591-5594

It's Just That Easy

Article courtesy of: Shell Busey

- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -
May 19th, 2024