- Removing water stains from hardwood floors
I pulled up the carpet in our 44-year-old home to expose the hardwood floors for refinishing. In the living room and the hall there are about six areas in the hardwood floor with dark stains. The stains range in size from about 2 feet in diameter and are blotchy or non-uniform in colour. I suspect they are water stains. Would use of the Flecto Floor Refinishing System remove these stains, or is additional treatment required to get rid of them?
1. Using Flecto Floor Finishing System, sand with 80-grit paper.
2. Vacuum up dust.
3. Apply ½ White Vinegar & ½ Water mixture to stained areas and scrub with a soft brush. Blot with damp clean towel. Dry with a hair dryer. Repeat if necessary to remove the stains.
4. Complete the floor sanding system.
5. Finish with Flecto Diamond Clear Finish.
It's just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|December 7th, 2019|